May 7, 2011

Seven Things About Me

I received a Stylish Blogger Award today so I’m going to be a good sport and follow it up with the instructions I was given for accepting the award. First of all I would like to thank all three people who read my blog for noticing me. For once I’ll talk about myself and not veer off into a writer ramble.
I would like to thank Carrisa Elg for sending me this award. Interesting blogger and twitter friend. She’s also working on a book, and learning about blogging just like me. I think she’s way ahead of me on both though.

Next I’m supposed to share seven random facts about myself. That’s not hard to come up with I guess. If there’s one thing I can do its ramble on about myself for hours. I’m not really conceited, but I am my favorite topic. I try not to do that though, it makes me uncomfortable when others don’t appear as interested as I feel.

1) I am a bit of a control freak. Those who know me in person know I have a tendency to take over whatever task is laid in front of me. I even sometimes push everyone who is supposed to help out of the way so I can do it exactly the way I want all by myself. I don’t mean to be offensive, and at my current job I’ve gotten much better at being a team player, but I still try to push everyone the direction I want, even if I’m not the front man for the project. This is one of the biggest reasons I’ve embraced the concept of Indie Author with a completely open mind. I get what? Complete Artistic Control? Yeah, now you’re talking. I have an artist buddy I’ve known for years. At one time we were going to collaborate to make a comic book, but at the time, neither of us had the financial stability we have now. So there you go. I’m overbearing. You wouldn’t know that from my writing. Right?

2) I love sports. You won’t see me blog much about it, and I’ll rarely incorporate sports into my novels. But I am a huge New England Patriots fan. I love the Boston Celtics and I can cheer for the Red Sox, but I’m not really into baseball. It’s mostly NFL and NBA. I prefer the pros over college because I love watching the best. I don’t care if they are a bunch of unruly spoiled Pre-Madonna’s. I’m not watching reality TV, I just want to see their amazing athletics. I used to be a huge boxing fan, but since the decline of Mike Tyson, I’ve drifted away from that sport.

3) I used to play Dungeons and Dragons. I was pretty hardcore, but I pretty much hid it for years. I started playing in the 6th grade. I was the Dungeon Master because everyone always thought I had the best ideas for adventures. My early writer gift showing its first signs I guess. I had a pretty big group playing by the time I was in 9th grade. There was close to ten people? I logged a lot of the adventures too and that was what I was planning to use for the comic book. But then I began writing a fantasy adventure around my junior year and the D&D drifted out of my priorities. I had even considered writing games for them, but then realized I didn’t want to be told what to write. I like my creative freedom.

4) Speaking of creative freedom, I spent two years in journalism at my high school. I had thought of the idea of becoming a reporter would be a good job for a writer, but again, I discovered that my creative freedom was not for journalism. Too controlled and I found that sometimes the best stories got edited out of the paper. No matter how important they should have been for those who took the paper for face value. I know, it was just a school paper, but it was enough for me to realize, unless it’s an editorial, it’s not for me.

5) I actually took three years’ worth of architectural classes. I loved it; I was good at designing structures. Probably came from my years of designing castles and mazes for D&D. I branched into automotive design for a while during that period and I struggled with gas efficiency. What do you mean the V-12 uses to much gas and the gas tank to keep it from running out of gas every block would be too big for a hot rod? As far as houses go, I am designing my dream home, which someday I will build. It’s amazing. Maybe someday I’ll blog more about that.

6) I’m introverted. Yeah, it’s hard to believe. I can write like this, but never in my life do I ever say the right thing to a complete stranger. I mumble, or don’t say anything back, or I start an unwanted conversation. There is nothing there but pure awkwardness. I’m introverted yet my automatic response sometimes is an attempt to be an extrovert. I don’t really get it. Talking to people in person actually drains me of energy, which is why I know I’m introverted. I’m Insane.

7) The one person in my life I would love to meet more than anyone else on the planet it none other than Sylvester Stallone. Believe it. He’s a writer, actor and he played Rocky! I actually idealize the man for his accomplishments. That’s a fact very few people know, so you three reading this should feel privileged. I don’t’ even know if I ever told my wife he is the #1 person I’d die to meet. YO ADRIAN!


Alright, now here’s the award I received.


I’m supposed to pass the blog award on but being extremely introverted, I haven’t conversed with a lot of bloggers out there. And when I do, it’s usually some random blog, where I comment and then I never look back.
Here are some bloggers I do read every chance I get and I haven’t noticed if they already got this award from someone else. I also follow these bloggers on twitter and they are fun to follow.

If you did get one, I’m sorry. Nobody is going to twist your arm to do it again though.

2 comments:

  1. These were fun to read! You remind me a lot of my husband (who is also an introverted post-closeted D&D geek) LOL! There are still times when he gets together with my brother (who is 10 years younger) to play! HA!

    Thanks for sharing and posting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I have some old friends who still play and have asked me to join them, but being a bit hermitish (made that word up), I would rather play World of Warcraft. Of course, I haven't played that too much anymore since I got back into writing.

    ReplyDelete